Leviton's Atlas-X1 Cat6 Component-Rated Shielded QuickPort Connector supports 1000BASE-T networks. The shielded connector provides superior alien crosstalk (AXT) suppression and protects critical data from potential EMI/RFI. The Atlas-X1 Shielded Cat6 connector meet sor exceeds all requirements for Category 6 as described in ANSI/TIA- 568-C.2, as well as Class E requirements as described in ISO/IEC 11801. The connector complies with all National Electrical Codes, be compliant with ANSI/TIA- 1096-A, be UL listed, and be independently verified. Encased in a die-cast housing to protect from potential EMI/RFI, the connector supports tool-free termination/re-termination.
Part of a complete Atlas-X1 Cat 6 shielded system ideal for government, health care, manufacturing, transportation, gaming, and other environments where EMI/RFI and/or security may be a concern.
- Independently tested and guaranteed to exceed all component, permanent link, and channel margins
- Patented Retention Force Technology (RFT) protects against tine damage and increases system longevity. For Power over Ethernet, RFT maintains contact force between plug and connector, preventing arcing from intermittent disconnects
- Contacts are high-quality copper-based alloy plated with 50 micro-inches of gold
- Shielding provides EMI/RFI protection, signal isolation, and excellent alien crosstalk (AXT) suppression
- Unique design supports tool-free termination/re-termination and requires no specialized termination tool
- Short connector design supports a wider range of applications (e.g. shallow boxes, enclosures, bend radius, etc.)
- Terminates from 26 to 22-gauge solid or stranded conductors for use on various cable types
- Robust IDCs can withstand 20 re-termination cycles and connector contacts are tested for 750 plug-mating cycles to ensure system longevity
- Connector supplied with interchangeable icons (voice, data, A/V, and blank, color coded to match the connector face) for easy identification and tracking of data, voice, or other functions
- Connector with internal shutter protects against dust and debris
- Solid metal body dissipates 53% more heat than traditional plastic, minimizing damage from excess heat in PoE applications
- Tine geometry prevents arcing damage where plug and connector make contact
UL 2043 Plenum Certified