Shop - Leviton JBL AEC65 6.5 inch Two-Way In-Ceiling Speaker
Leviton JBL AEC65 6.5 inch Two-Way In-Ceiling Speaker
Most speaker brands claim their products are designed for “demanding” residential installations. Leviton/JBL AEC65 6.5" In-Ceiling speakers, however, are built to meet the demands of an entirely different level: the recording studio. That’s because JBL is the brand more film and music professionals rely on than any other to mix, master and monitor their work. JBL studio monitors are engineered with a host of advanced features and technologies to achieve the level of performance demanded by the professionals who create music and film soundtracks for a living.
Those same features and technologies are what set the Leviton Architectural Edition powered by JBL 6.5" In-Ceiling Speakers apart from lesser types. The EOS waveguide technology that ensures smooth, even high-frequency response throughout a listening area, for example, was invented for the world of professional music and film recording—as were the titanium-laminate drivers that ensure every musical note is reproduced crisply and intact. Even the acoustically transparent grilles that hide all the advanced audio technology beneath are inspired by JBL’s years of professional experience in behind-the-screen theater sound systems.
The reality of installed audio systems in residences is that aesthetics are often the main concern with many homeowners, especially in production building where the type and location of room furnishings may not be completely known until after the system is installed. In these cases a quality, optimized in-ceiling design can rival the performance of in-wall speakers.
When room aesthetics are critical, Leviton/JBL AEC65 Ceiling Speakers may be used in surround-sound installations. AEC65 speakers are engineered for excellent performance from vertical locations, providing a perfect balance between performance and aesthetics. The JBL low-diffraction swivel tweeter makes it easy for the installer to optimize the sound field for a particular listening room’s geometry.
- 6.5" JBL Titanium-laminate drivers maintain musical accuracy and clarity even at frequency extremes
- Straight-line Signal Path™ (SSP™) crossover network for minimal signal distortion
- Long-excursion woofers with butyl-rubber half-round surrounds and extended pole-piece magnetic structures for maximum bass impact and dynamic range
- Low-diffraction, swivel-tweeter mounting system for optimum stereo imaging
- Heavy-duty push-type input terminals for long-term connection integrity
- Integrated dog-ear mounting brackets
- Acoustically-transparent paintable baffles and grilles
Two-Way In-Ceiling Loudspeaker
- 1 in (25 mm) Titanium-laminate dome tweeter
- 6.5 in (170 mm) Titanium-laminate woofer
- Frequency Response (-10dB): 40 Hz-20 kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m): 88 dB
- Power Handling: 80 Watts
- Impedance: Nominal 8 Ohms
- Diameter: 9.18 in/233 mm
- Mounting Depth: 4.25 in/108 mm
Sold in pairs
Availability: Usually Ships Same Day
|AEC65||6.5 inch Two-Way In-Ceiling Loudspeaker - Pair||Each: $120.88|