Leviton Structured Media Centers
Leviton’s Essential Infrastructure platform offers the following three SMCs for a carrying ability of many different distribution modules.
1. SMC 280 (28" Panel)
2. SMC 420 (42" Panel)
3. SMC 140 (14" Panel)
It is important to size the SMC accurately to your job specifications. Several factors will influence the complexity of your structured cabling installations including:
• The size of the dwelling
• The requirements of your customer
• Your job budget
Take Note: The SMC platform is a consolidation panel for low voltage wiring. All your points of origination are neatly and safely contained in one protected box.
Leviton makes your work easier by offering Pre-Configured Structured Cabling Panels that are assembled from the most popular distribution modules. These are your system’s basic building blocks. The panels and modules can be combined easily to meet any job’s specifications.
These panels include combinations of the following modules:
- 1 x 9 Bridged Telephone Module bridges up to four telephone lines and out to nine telephone jacks
(Please note that bridged telephone connections are for voice only and do not conform to the TIA-570-A standard for Category 5e or 6 data wiring; these bridged telephone lines cannot be tested for Category 5e or 6 compliance using Category 5e or 6 field test sets.
- Category 5e Voice and Data Module or Category 6 Voice and Data Module whose six Category 5e or 6 ports allow for basic home networking (data, phone, fax or modem) and can be connected to a Telephone Distribution Module, key system, or network switch
- 1X6 Video Splitter or 1x8 Video Splitter that is suitable for both cable TV and off-air antenna signals
- Cat5e Twist & Mount Panel and Cat6 Twist & Mount Panel is designed to connect telephone and data services for home or small office cabling.
- 1x8 Premium CATV Module or 1x16 Premium CATV Module distributes and amplifies incoming RF signals to up to 8 or 16 locations
Each metal SMC comes with pre-drilled holes spaced to accept the snap-in plastic connectors mounted on Leviton’s modules and Pre-Configured Structured Cabling Panels
© Copyright 2006 Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.